1.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add ground beef; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
3. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce, olives, sofrito, sazón, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
5. Roll empanada disks on a lightly floured surface until 1/2 inch larger in diameter.
6. Spoon about 1 tablespoon meat mixture into the middle of each disk. Moisten the disk edges with water, fold in half over filling to form a half-moon, and pinch to seal (or seal with a fork).
7. Heat 2 1/2 inches corn oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Working in batches, fry empanadas until crisp and golden brown, flipping once, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.